SOURCE: CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 | February 3, 2020
The award-winning CONEXPO-CON/AGG Tech Experience is back, serving as the place where tomorrow’s technologies and tools are shaped today.
Scheduled to be held at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020– which will take place March 10-14 in Las Vegas, Nevada – the Tech Experience will shed light on what’s shaping the present and future of construction and help pave the way for an industry that’s smarter, faster, more flexible, more sustainable and safe.
“We’re thrilled to announce our Tech Experience has returned for the 2020 show,” said AEM Vice President of Exhibitions Dana Wuesthoff. “We want visitors to consider how innovations will impact their operations, so we’re pleased to provide immersive demonstrations where cutting-edge ideas and game-changing technologies are presented in a fun, insightful way.”
The three key areas of focus covered at the Tech Experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 are:
- What it is – The transformation of current systems for moving products and people to meet tomorrow’s demands.
- What it involves – Transportation that is personal, shared, intelligent and/or autonomous.
- Why it matters – Existing infrastructure cannot sustain the sheer number of vehicles expected with growth in the future. Construction professionals will play an integral role in rebuilding and rethinking transportation.
- What it is – Designing buildings, vehicles and cities with social, economic and environmental impacts in mind.
- What it involves – Renewable energy, sustainable or recycled construction materials and a resilient framework that withstands disturbance.
- Why it matters – Housing, workspace, infrastructure and utilities all have serious social and environmental consequences. Companies embracing sustainability will earn more contracts.
- What it is – Urban areas that incorporate electronic data collection sensors to efficiently manage assets and resources.
- What it involves – Collecting and processing data to manage power, transportation, water supply, waste management, law enforcement, schools, hospitals and other services.
- Why it matters – Contractors need to be aware of new technology advances in this area because it will affect how work is done at construction sites in the future.
The technologies discussed and showcased at the Tech Experience will be connected to a “Map Your Show” App in order to help show attendees see where they are on the show floor.
“Disruptive trends and technology are having a transformative impact on the construction industry today,” said AEM Senior Vice President of Technology and Business Development Al Cervero. “In offering the Tech Experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020, we want to provide a uniquely valuable opportunity to showcase the solutions that help equipment end users drive down costs, increase safety and efficiency and – most importantly – see the future of our industry.”
For more information on the Tech Experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020, visit www.conexpoconagg.com/visit/what-to-see.
To comment on this story or for additional details click on related button above.