SOURCE: ACI : April 28, 2021
The American Concrete Institute (ACI) has hired Sarah Mauri to manage a new resource centre that will open on 1 May in San Bernardino, California. ACI says nearly 70 events are scheduled through the end of the year at the centre (Credit – American Concrete Institute)
As resource centre manager, Mauri is to lead an effort offering regularly scheduled and on-demand certification programmes, educational seminars and hands-on training.
Mauri is a former examiner for several ACI certification programmes and brings experience in the testing of construction materials in the laboratory and in the field. Prior to joining ACI, she served as a lead inspector and auditor with ASTM’s cement and concrete reference laboratory, with knowledge related to fresh and hardened concrete, aggregates for use in concrete, cementitious materials, grouts and masonry testing. Mauri holds numerous certifications from ACI and is a member of both the ACI San Diego and ACI Southern California chapters. She received a Bachelor of Science in Physics from Westminster College.
Ronald G. Burg, executive vice president at ACI, says: “As regional demand for access to ACI offerings such as certification, education, and hands-on training continues to grow in Southern California, the ACI resource centre will serve as a place for the trades, engineers, contractors, designers and more to advance their concrete knowledge. With Sarah’s vast experience as an inspector and familiarity in administering ACI certification programmes, we are pleased to have her on board delivering ACI knowledge.”
Nearly 70 events are scheduled through the end of the year at the centre.
Upcoming programmes include:
- 3 May: ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I Certification
- 7 May: ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Certification
- 17-18 May: ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I Certification
- 20 May: ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Certification
- 21 May: ACI Post-Installed Concrete Anchor Installation Inspector Certification
- 24-25 May: ACI Cement Physical Tester Certification
- 7-8 June: ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I Certification
- 10 June: ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Certification
- 11 June: ACI Post-Installed Concrete Anchor Installation Inspector Certification
- 18 June: ACI Self-Consolidating Concrete Testing Technician Certification
- 21-22 June: ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I Certification
- 24 June: ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Certification
To comment on this story or for additional details click on related button above.