SOURCE: ACI Foundation| June 16, 2019
The ACI Foundation’s Strategic Development Council (SDC) will host its Technology Forum 46, in Pittsburgh, PA, USA, August 27-29, 2019. The forum will include several technology showcases that highlight new and innovative equipment, materials, and applications that have the potential to advance the industry, including:
- Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Composite Macrofibers Used in Precast Concrete,
- Strengthening Bridges and Existing Concrete Structures Using Titanium,
- Integrated Design of Chemical Admixture Systems via Machine Learning,
- Opportunity for Improved Productivity & Quality with Robotics.
A panel presentation moderated by ACI President Randall W. Poston, “Use of Non-Metallic Reinforcement,” will present the use of this technology from the viewpoints of private owner, public owner designer, contractor, manufacturer and researcher. Speakers will discuss the state of research and development; activities by ACI, ASTM and AASHTO; and constructability, productivity and risk.
Other presentations include:
- Engineering Analysis for Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Composite Solutions Using ACI 440.1R & ACI 544.4R Design Guides
- Value Proposition of Glass Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Rebar in Bridge Decks
- Concrete Innovations in Pittsburgh
The forum will also offer a tour of the Frick Environmental Center, an award-winning entry in the 2017 ACI Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards.
SDC collaborates across the concrete industry to address technical challenges within the industry and creates a forum for the introduction and nurturing of new technologies. SDC hosts technology forums twice a year, which are 1.5-day technical conferences that highlight innovative technologies and research the SDC perceives as having positive productivity or economic impacts on the industry.
The ACI Foundation was established in 1989 to promote progress, innovation, and collaboration and is a wholly owned and operated non-profit subsidiary of the American Concrete Institute. Three councils make up the ACI Foundation; the Strategic Development Council, committed to resolving the issues of new technology acceptance within the concrete industry; the Concrete Research Council, which funds and assists in the research of new concrete technologies; and the Scholarship Council which facilitates student fellowships and scholarships.
To comment on this story or for additional details click on related button above.